This CLASSIC authentic Indian minced meat Keema recipe is so delicious, it’ll become a regular at your house!! And nothing’s better than the fact that you make it within 20 minutes!!
- 400g minced meat
- 1 large onion chopped (or 1 ½ medium onion)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp heaped ginger finely chopped (1 ½ inch long piece of ginger)
- 1 tbsp heaped garlic, finely chopped (5 cloves)
- ½ to 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp red chili flakes (for garnishing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder (heaped)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil on medium heat then add in onion – cook until transparent and add garlic and ginger.
- Cook till the onion is golden brown then add the minced meat.
- Cook the meat till the its color changes to brown. Reduce to low heat.
- Add in spices when the meat starts taking out its juices.
- After 30 seconds of adding the spices – add 1 cup water.
- Cover the sauce pan and leave on low heat till the water evaporates.
- Garnish with julienned ginger, red chili flakes and serve with naan or rice.
1. Make sure the onions are finely chopped to get the authentic indian qeema taste. Otherwise, the onions will be too chunky and won’t mesh into the meat by the time the qeema is completely cooked.
2. You can substitute the garlic and ginger that goes in the qeema with garlic and ginger paste – but trust me the flavor will not be the same. What makes this recipe special is its fresh ingredients!
3. Top off the qeema with some julienned ginger and chopped green chillies.
4. A green coriander and mint chutney goes really well with this minced meat recipe!